Facebook has become an important communications and marketing channel for many small businesses, many of whom could benefit from having more visitors to their pages.
Unfortunately the average small business operator has neither the time nor the resources to promote Facebook pages like big business can but there are several simple things one can do to get more visitors.
- Include a link to your Facebook page in your business and personal email signatures.
- If you send out email newsletters to clients you should include a link to your page.
- Add a Facebook link to your website’s home page and contact page and add Facebook Like buttons to your article or blog pages. Do this also for any blogs you run on other platforms like blogger.
- Even printed promotional material like brochures and flyers can include a mention of your FB page.
- Mention your page in any shop or vehicle signage you might have, add it to your business cards.
- If you have personal profiles at sites like Linkedin or Hubpages include a link to your Facebook page.
- When commenting on blogs or in online forums try linking to your page instead of your website.
- Leverage your existing contacts – ask personal friends and colleagues to like the page so their friends get to hear about it. Ask existing likers to share your posts with their friends.
- Offer incentives like free reports or discounts to page likers, everyone loves a freebie.
- Consider running a competition and ask your likers to share with their friends. Make sure you comply with Facebook’s rules on competitions.
- Use a landing page to ask new visitors to hit the like button. Tell them what benefits they will receive and most first-time visitors will become likers.
- Go and find good relevant discussions on other Facebook pages while logged on in “use Facebook as Page” mode. Hit the like button for those pages then add to those discussions meaningfully, don’t spam. Now everyone who previously liked or commented on that post will receive a notification about your post, a great way to get noticed!
- Mention other Facebook pages in your posts and tag them so the post appears on their page as well as your own. Not all pages allow it but many do.
- Use Facebook advertising to promote your page to whatever demographic you like. You can target who sees your ads by age, gender, interest, location and many other ways.
- Post regularly to your page but make it interesting so as to engage users, the more they interact with your page the more their friends will get to see your page mentioned.